Why become a member? ×

Pedalboard->Power Amp->Cab

dumelow

I certainly have done in the past dumelow, but sorry I have no pictures! I've used various pedals as a preamp including the Sansamp Para Driver wirth great results. I'm back using a head in a rack these days, but two light weight cabinets to make life a bit easier on my knackered back! (Hartke LH1000 and 2x HX410)

Should I fancy it, I have a pair of MarkBass F1's racked up as well - I think on their own, they are ridiculously light and powerful - not to mention lighter and easier to carry than a separate pedal and power amp!

I used this for a while P bass>Aguilar DB928>Bassdrive>power amp>cab and I was heard just as well as when using an amp and cab set up. My favourite set up was at a recent acoustic gig - bass (with flats)>DB928>Radial DI easy to carry and I sounded as good as any other gig I've done with a decent sound tech.

Dont be fooled folks - if the sound guy or girl (Hello Nora at Henry's Edinburgh) is worth their salt it can have a huge impact no matter what your packing.

I think often we're as well going straight to the desk in some places - by the time you fiddle about or have the hassle of gear or rock up and find a 60 peavey or marshall practice amp that no one is gonna hear on stage anyway. I know I know heresy!

:)

Used to have this setup but was too heavy to cart around all the time so went lightweight... kept the X3 Live though!

Bass into Line 6 X3 Live into 2U Crown poweramp into Ampeg SVTHLF - was seriously loud and fitted the bill perfectly, still would do if I had it all :)

Used the X3 Live as a DI box live, engineers love it :)